The majority of our clients install a backup app for easy data restoration in case of damage or deletion. To cater to various recovery needs, we offer three options for maximum convenience and time-saving. Restore individual items by selecting the desired version, rewind groups of items as of a specific point in time, or restore your entire account in just a few clicks.
Read in this guide:
How to restore individual items granularly
How to recover data categories in bulk
How to roll back the entire Shopify account
Restoring the desired item version
Often, you only need to restore a single product or collection that was accidentally deleted or undo changes you made. Let's examine how granular restore works in the BackupMaster app.
1. Select the group to which the item belongs in the Backup Storage section of the dashboard.
2. Use the search bar to find the desired item among the saved items in the category. You can also see all deleted items since installing the app.
3. Open the item card and use the date drop-down menu to select the backup version. Then click the Restore button in the upper right corner.
4. Confirm the initiation of the recovery process.
The time required to restore different items varies depending on the amount of data, but in all cases, the selected object will be restored to the desired version quickly.
Rewind a group of items to a specific date
Sometimes, you may need to restore a complete group of items, for example, after an event that caused data corruption. In this case, use the Advanced Restore feature and select the restore point when everything was in order.
1. Click the Advanced Restore button.
2. Select the restore point you want to roll back to. You can review the details of backed-up versions before making a choice. It's recommended to choose a restore point prior to when the issue arose.
3. Select the item categories that need to be restored.
4. Confirm the initiation of the restore process.
Only the selected category will be restored.
For your convenience, we will send you an email notification once the recovery process is completed.
Additionally, a notification of successful recovery will appear on the app panel.
Account recovery in bulk
If you need to restore the entire account, follow the same steps.
1. In the Advanced Restore section, choose the restore point and then select all groups of items.
2. Click the Start Restore button (green), and all available account data in the backup version will be restored. Your store will return to the time when everything was in order.
Installing a backup app in advance gives you the freedom to make changes and develop your store, as you can quickly undo the effects of any unsuccessful experiment. The BackupMaster app offers all the necessary tools for effortless recovery, protecting your business from unpleasant incidents and mistakes.