To recover lost or damaged data in your Shopify store, you can use saved backup files. However, Shopify does not provide automatic backups. To ensure the protection of your store, regularly back up your data using manual methods such as downloading CSV files or using a third-party app. Before making significant changes, have a saved version of your store as a fallback option.
Why the BackupMaster app is the best way to recover deleted product data
BackupMaster provides daily protection for your store by automatically creating backups of all products and data. This allows for easy changes and secure data that can be quickly restored if needed.
How to restore an accidentally deleted product on Shopify
Let's examine a scenario where the BackupMaster app can be used to restore a deleted product. Suppose a new hire mistakenly deleted a product from our store.
Now, the product is no longer available in the store. Let's try to restore it.
1. Go to Apps and find Backups.
2. Select Products in the Backup Storage field.
3. Use the search bar to find the desired item in the range. The deleted product will still be available in the backup version.
4. After finding the item, select the version you want to rewind.
5. Press the Restore button to initiate the recovery process.
Soon, the product, its description, image, and other data will be successfully restored.
Let's check. Yes, here it is - the dress has been successfully restored to the store!
Which lost data of a product can be restored?
With the BackupMaster app, you can restore the following product data:
- Title and description
- Product type
- Product vendor
- Bar code
- Weight and the same characteristics
- Product URL (except for URL Redirects)
And what if I deleted all products — can I restore my store in bulk?
If you wish to revert all products in your store to a previous version, such as after encountering an incompatible application, you don't have to restore them individually. The BackupMaster app has an Advanced Restore option that allows you to restore all products in bulk.
1. Select the restore point you want to roll back to. You can review the details of backed-up versions before making a choice. It's recommended to choose a restore point prior to when the issue arose.
3. Select the groups of items that need to be restored.
2. Click the confirmation button, and your store will be returned to the selected version. As a precaution, the current version of your store will also be backed up.
By installing the BackupMaster app, you can always reverse unwanted changes to products or the entire store with just a few clicks.
We recommend you to read our step-by-step guide: How can I recover deleted theme on Shopify?