If you have several Shopify stores, or if you are launching a new store from scratch, there may be a situation when you need to transfer data between accounts. Our support specialists often receive questions about whether it is possible to clone an account and upload a saved backup into another store.
How to clone your account using the BackupMaster app’s Export/Import features
The BackupMaster app must be installed in both accounts to transfer data. You can see the Export and Import buttons on your application's dashboard. If you don't see them, please contact us at email@example.com to activate this feature for your accounts.
1. Get the latest backup copy of your current store by using the Export button to download it.
The backup will be saved and sent to your email as a download link for a .zip archive file. Be patient - your account consists of a lot of data, including theme code elements; it will take some time to copy and download them fully. CAUTION: Avoid downloading your exports onto public computers or saving them where others can see them.
2. In your second account click on the Import button on the dashboard to upload files. You can use the received .zip archive with the backup data to your store or a link to it send to your email.
3. Choose which data groups you want to import into the new account.
Be careful: some imported data may replace those already in your store.
4. You can cancel the data loading process in the app dashboard if necessary.
5. At the end of data import, you will receive an email notification.
6. Go to your new store and ensure all data has been successfully transferred.
If you have any questions about the data transferring process or any other aspects of the app, please contact our specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org; we will be happy to help!